homerebeccamaureensuzanneritamomtutorialscontact

Monday, February 6, 2012

Better Than Christmas


Photo By David Phillip
http://tiny.cc/n4mo8
Yesterday the New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, beating the Patriots 21-17.  To a lot of people this is the day that they wait for all year.  Whether its for the game, the food, or the commercials, people gather all around the country to celebrate this truely American sport. 

TODAY is the day that I wait for all year.  It means the end of football (for a while at least!).  In my house football is like religion.  Its what we do on Sundays.  And Mondays.  And Thursdays.  I'm not one of those girls who enjoys sports, I can't even pretend to be interested. I really don't even know how my boyfriend Heath and I even work because we are SOOOO different. My idea of a good time at a football game involves tailgaiting with large amounts of alcohol and lots food that I don't have to make.  His probably involves anywhere that I'm not! 

So today is my favorite day of the year.  I'll sing from the rooftops I am so happy!!!
I will admit that yesterday started out a little shakey, running around getting the house and food ready for company, but it ended up being kind of nice.  Good company and food can cheer anyone up, even grumpy old me (Just ask Heath, he'll vouch for the grumpy part!).  My favorite thing yesterday was a Spinach Artichoke Dip that I made on the fly and I must say, it turned out amazing! So here is my recipe.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!

1 large Jar of artichoke hearts, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 block of frozen spinach, thawed
1 1/2 Cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup of mozarella shredded cheese
1 block of cream cheese
1 Cup of Sour Cream

Mix all the ingredients in a small crock pot and set on low for an hour before serving.  Mix occasionaly until it is all melted. 

I also subbed some of these ingredients for a slightly lighter version. 
-Lowfat shredded cheese
-Neufchâtel cheese instead of cream cheese
-Fat Free Sour Cream

I hope everyone else has as great a Monday as I am!  Now we have 7 full months until it starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...